Sustainability and Environmental Commitment / Policy
Rectory Hotels Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of our business operations on the environment without compromising the experience of our guests. Sustainability is a key consideration in our operational and purchasing decisions and we have a set of principles in place in support of environmental improvement and sustainable development.
Our ‘Sustainability Commitment’ is based on everyday working practices and is shared by all our team.
Our key principles are:
- Buying sustainably produced products, with minimum and/or recycled packing, provided they meet our quality standards
- Supporting our local economy by purchasing products grown or made in Norfolk / East Anglia through locally based suppliers
- Minimising waste through ‘Reduce, Re-use, Recycle’
- Efficient and economic use of energy through the installation of low energy products / equipment, timers, thermostatic controls and a ‘switch off when not in use’ policy
- Use of environmentally friendly and natural cleaning products
- Promoting the use of public transport to both guests and staff by providing relevant and up-to-date information.
- Provision of information to encourage and enable guests to support our local economy
- Supporting fund raising initiatives for local organisations
This Commitment is integral to our daily procedures and we look to continually enhance and increase the sustainability element of our operations.